Monday 1 January 2018

Starting the new year the way I hope to continue it

With live music of course (well I do also really really miss performances of all kind as I haven't done a lot of them lately - so help me make it happen). But anyway, to get back to the first day of the year. As I walked into the Monarch (in Camden) Dave Giles was coming to the end of his Nashville fundraiser (you wouldn't believe how many English singer/songwriters go to Nashville to record their LPs), so I didn't get to hear a lot of his songs, but heard a few and I wish him all the best in his endeavours.
He was followed by Gecko and his excellent sense of humour presented in an extremely dry way. He got us all to sing along which can't be bad...
and then Nick Parker took us all on an epic journey to Germany with the four German phrases he knows.

 And Sean McGowan brought the evening to an end with a couple of dark ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment